Followers

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

The Emerald City



I'm sitting in a dorm room at Seattle Pacific University. It's late, I'm exhausted. Barack Obama was reelected as president, and gay marriage was legalized in Washington, as well as marijuana. It's about time. If you can't see the immense changes happening on the planet right now, you're blind. Wake up. And don't be surprised if things start accelerating.

Started the day with farewells to friends at PLU. Packed my backpack up for a week without my car and other supplies, then got a ride to the 512 park and ride, where I caught the bus to Seattle. When I arrived in the city, I grabbed a bite of dumpling from a Chinese place in the international district with my friend from high school, Jeff Jorgensen.

At Jeff's place in Queen Anne, he wasted no time in getting yogurt on his shirt, which in high school was a daily occurrence.

We explored Discovery Park, North of Ballard, and found a few 'shaggy parasol' mushrooms. I ended up frying one of them up at Jeff's as he and Rose watched with uncertainty: another successful mushroom hunting adventure.



For the election results, we headed up to Capitol Hill, where the people were going absolutely crazy. I was in a bit of shock, thinking about how different my time in the mountains was from this. Same planet? Not so sure... The Komo 4 Seattle News team was just outside of the bar we were in, as this is an extremely progressive part of town, and the kids were off the wall. Eventually, the street was closed down and a huge block party ensued. What a night.



So much has happened today that I feel totally braindead, in need of a good sleep. Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment